Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tween Phone Advertising Campaign.. Fixes! Comm. 406

Today in class, we looked  over and talked about our ads for the Gotcha! Cell Phone Campaign for tweens. My professor and students gave my partner (Ashley Laspina) and me critiques about how our ads could be improved to have a campaign that flows a bit better. Here are the ads that we produced using pictures from CreativeCommons and Photoshop.

 Girl's Ad

Boy's Ad

                     Ad for Boys and Girls

Keeping the ads consistent and cohesive is part of the formula for creating a catchy ad campaign. My partner and I kept the same placing of items and words. Although it was brought to our attention that the ad aimed to boys didn't have a the wow factor as the other ads in our campaign reguarding the background. It's not as bright and eye-catching as the others. Also, the colorings of the photos are not the same. The girl's ad has a black and white photo, while the other two are in color. Also, the girl's picture could be less "squary" looking and cropped more naturally. The boy's ad picture could also have better bright colors reguarding the font. All in all it was quite a learning experience working with the ever-so-complicated Photoshop for the first time, and spending time looking for photos.  

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy all of these ads! You did a good job of keeping them consistent as well as cohesive. The one I enjoyed most was the "grab your Gotcha! now" ad featuring the hands. It is very detailed and very colorful. The other two ads could however use some work.I agree that the boys ad was not as catchy as the one for girl's and both. I think that the black and white photo in the girl's ad could have been tinted to make it look a little more colorful. But other than those little improvements, I think that both of you did an excellent job at consistency and you should be proud of what you did. It is difficult to find the perfect picture in Creative Commons sometimes, but I think you did the best you could. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all 3 ads. The "grab your Gotcha!" ad was different and I like the use of the hands in that ad. The boy's ad was good but does need some work. The girl's ad needs some work too, with the black and white picture being out of place with the other color pictures. Like Sammi said, Creative Commons can be a pain when trying to get the right pictures. Good job though. The ads were consistent and they worked for hte most part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. These ads are all effective for sure. I would only offer one suggestion, which is similar to the reaction the class had when you presented. For your boy's ad to be the most effective, I think it would be in your best interest to spruce up the color scheme. The other two are very vivid and eye-catching. You may also want to cut out a shillouette of the football player as opposed to just pasting a photograph. All in all though, I really think these ads will appeal to the target audience. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your guys campaign, it really is awesome to look at. The fact that you guys used all the bright colors really draws people into the all three of the advertisements. The only issue that I think comes up is that maybe the three girls up top could be of different races, just to show that the phone itself is made for all people. All in all though I thought it was a great campaign and is really interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete