Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Personal Thoughts On Advertising and Imagery 406


      I am very intrigued and interested in learning new and fascinating information in Advertising and Imagery 406. This class will teach me to think critically by analyzing ads in media, and a lot more according to my instructor’s zealous explanation of the course! I think that this class is especially significant as a part of the mass communications curriculum because learning about the influence of advertisements in the world around us has a great impact on the future ideas and cultural values of today’s society in terms of political and social issues. I am looking forward to learning more about how our culture has shaped advertising, as well as how advertising has impacted our culture.            
I was enrolled in Communications and New Media 203 last fall semester.  There I learned a great deal about Herbert Zettl’s model for media aesthetics, in terms of analyzing advertising using his model.  I’m hoping we will continue to analyze advertising, as well as, experiment with creating advertising of our own in this course. I am also eager to learn more about computer software, such as Photoshop and film editing programs, like Final Cut. I hope to gain a useful understanding of these valuable tools and apply them to not only the projects that my classmates and I will utilize in this course, but also use for my future career.
Working in groups should be particularly helpful in that it will give me the practice to create and collaborate ideas with other people as in a real business setting.  
 As a photography minor, taking this class is especially interesting to me.  Most advertising contains photographic imagery.  I look forward to exploring ways to mingle my major and minor.  I’m still not sure of the exact career path that I want to pursue in life, but snapping shots for advertising campaigns sounds amazingly fun and exciting to me, and could be a potential career option!
Overall, I think this will be an extremely interesting area of communications to study, and I’m certain that I will expand my knowledge base and my creativity while in this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment